My Little Corner of the Net

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Recent Acquistions



I have picked up a few items here and there including this die cast model of a 1937 Ford.  It is roughly 1" scale and I thought it might be fun to display in front of one of my 1930's  miniature houses.  It is very detailed, the doors and trunk both open and the wheels turn!




I came across a couple of these copper baking sets at a local antique mall.  I had not really heard of them before.   They are finely detailed miniatures from Germany by Bodo Hennig.  They are mostly copper with brass accents.

After doing some research, I found the large casserole dish on Ebay to add to my collection.  I will probably display them in my Victorian house.

I like how the molds come in a miniature wooden display rack.

I found these tiny boxes at an estate sale. The larger one is barely 1/2" tall.
The larger one appears to be petwer and the smaller one is silver.

They both open and the larger one has a magnetic lid and three tiny angels inside.  After doing some research I found the item online and it states that it is a prayer box and the angels represent Kindness, Love & Faith.


I found the Cover Girl make-up container in my wife's trash!  It has a nice mirror inside that I am going to try and salvage.  In other news, the door hardware has arrived for my cabin project.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Bodo Hennig's copper cookware but that Ford is a Ride I envy!
    The tiny boxes are lovely and I love your Bodo Hennig's copper cookware but That Ford....!!!
    I must say Troy, you find the most Amazing minis on your hunts but seeing them arrive home stacked in back of the car was Priceless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Troy! That automobile looks fantastic! What a great find! And all the copper ware is beautifully made. Bodo Hennig's work is usually very high quality! I have a gorgeous sewing machine made by them that actually has the needle move up and down when the wheel is turned! The tiny boxes are gorgeous too... I have found a lot of similar ones in the jewelry section of Michael's craft supply stores. I can't wait to see your cabin doors finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - That 1937 Ford is fabulous! I hope you can post a photo when you park it in front of one of your miniature houses. What fun! All the copper ware is beautiful, but I really fell in love with those tiny boxes - one of my weaknesses. The angels add the perfect touch. As usual, I'm amazed that you continue to find these unique treasures. But I'm so glad that you take the time to share with the rest of us. Thank you.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Troy,
    How wonderful. the car is stunning and seems to be in great shape. great find. I love the copperware. It is so well detailed. Everything is just gorgeous and a wonderful addition to your collection.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Troy! Wonderful finds! The car delights with its realism. And who does not like copper dishes in miniature? Congratulations! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete