Here is the "before" shot of our living room
Here is an in-between shot after gathering all of the buildings out of their boxes.
As in previous years, I built a platform from empty plastic tubs and placed a piece of plywood on top for stability. The new couch is not as large as our old one but it still worked out just fine.
I like to use the styrofoam inserts the come in the boxes of the village pieces to add height and variety to the landscape. I had to re-cut the big piece of foam core that I use on the lower level since the old piece fit around the curved section of our old sofa.
To see complete instructions on how I set up the village, click the links below:
To see the previous year's village set up, click HERE
To see how I set up the village, click HERE
Probably the biggest change in the village this year was the Angel Moroni statue on top of one of the larger churches.