My Little Corner of the Net

Friday, November 3, 2017

Recent Acquisitions

I have been selling a few items on ebay (mainly duplicates) to raise money for new miniatures.


I have recently won actions for this Sonia Messer vanity, chair, & bed and I also came across a "Willits Take-a-Seat" chair 


The bed is mahogany and has a cut-out in the headboard that matches the motif on the other Sonia Messer pieces from this era.


Here is a close up of the vanity and chair.  The drawers are inlaid with a lighter color contrasting wood and all 6 of the drawers open.

This Art Nouveau inspired Take-a-Seat chair is called Pearwood and dates from the design of the chair by Hector Guimard shown below which he built in 1900.




5 comments:

  1. Que bonitas adquisiciones,especialmente la silla estilo art nouveau es una pieza magnífica!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is the bed with that beautiful headboard and that adorable vanity chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nose for New Finds is Incredible Troy! I think that both the bed and the vanity are Priceless and the Take a Seat chair makes another Great Addition to your series collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Troy - Such interesting items, as usual! Each piece has its own special charm. I love the cut-out headboard on the bed, and the inlaid drawers for the vanity are beautiful. And of course, the unusual Pearwood chair adds great interest to your collection. Your finds are always amazing!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Troy,
    Those are wonderful! I especially love the bed and the vanity is also quite nice.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete